"I am convinced that nothing we do is more important than hiring and developing people. At the end of the day you bet on people, not on strategies." - Lawrence Bossidy, Former COO of GE and author
It is the mission of the Otero County Department of Human Resources to provide the following support to the employees of Otero County through:
- Recruitment of qualified individuals
- Retention of valuable employees
- Training, development and education to all employees to increase value to Otero County
- A safe and healthy work environment through a proactive wellness and safety program
- Providing inspiration and encouragement to employees to promote positive morale
- Resources for administering benefits, policies and procedures.
This support is achieved through a team-work philosophy, superior organizational skills within the Human Resources Department and with a friendly, efficient and professional attitude.