Healthcare Services Mission Statement
The staff of Otero County Healthcare Services is dedicated to the effective and efficient coordination and distribution of health care resources to the citizens of Otero County. Otero County Healthcare Services is committed to administering the Healthcare Services Fund consistent with local Otero County ordinances, New Mexico State Statutes, and United States laws governing Healthcare Services, and in a manner which enhances and improves the mental and physical well-being of any and all residents of Otero County.
- Improve the quality of life in Otero County by identifying and addressing unmet health and human service needs.
- Promote the health and well-being of residents of Otero County through programs that address and make improvements in access to and availability of health care services.
- Provide oversight and evaluation of health care services and monitor progress towards improving community health.
- Collaborative planning with many consumers, providers, governmental and other entities to identify and prioritize health care needs in Otero County.
- Improve overall mental health and wellness through prevention and by ensuring access to appropriate, quality mental health services.
- Improve the delivery and coordination of healthcare safety-net services in tandem with implementation of the Health Care Reform Act.